Thursday, July 28, 2016

Girl to a Woman . . - 1

Stamped as naughty, social crazy girl, I was brought up in various towns / Districts / cities! And you read it right, perfectly right. My Dad / Daddy / Pappa / Dadda however you read it, it's My Father, who is still working for the Tamilnadu State Government, is a victim of inter - District transfers. So are we, his kids!

I grew up in different environment, different set of people, thanks to my Pappupaati ( my paternal grandmother) who brought us up during our earlier stages of childhood and a few maternal genes that we inherited from Mother Mohan, that we still carry at least a tint of the Bhraman Clan! The language - the typical Iyer slang - got completely deteriorated in the due course of our upbringing, the main causes could be attributed to peer pressure, ragging by senior friends, and all that.

When I attend a typical bhraman in-house function, I get to hear few songs and having a huge - a very hyoogee scope of relatives, who reside at various parts of South India, when you converse with them, you also need to converse in their tone.

If I converse with my aunt who is from down southern part of Tamil Nadu, “Appa chonnarakm,” I will be lashed out . While my father's paternal aunt's son (relation looks dissstaant, but practically we are pretty close!), I should say “Oh aval chollitu illaiyo? Naa kettundenakkam! “ is perfectly fine, coz he is settled in Kerala!

Fine, if at home, this is the situation, I go to college, and to overcome such dialects disturbances, I started talking in English. Then came the name “Peter Priya”. So started learning the local slang of whichever places I resided.

In meantime, my interest inclined towards learning multiple languages, especially during the higher secondary school and then after, coz it was mostly multi Lingual environment.

Fine, now there is an organ called Brain, which functions (am not so sure though!) got too bloody irritated, that it started it's own dialect of speaking ( a mix of all languages that I know - chaltha Hai na?).

Now that am Grown up (and am unsure though!!!) I am getting married to a typical KumbAkonam Iyer aathu Chamathu Payyan! My parents are so pretty proud about that! (And yes, me too, no doubt!)

The language has now become a minor point to improve upon. Aaham / Aathukku, Periya potti (Petti Illa), chonnalonno (chonnale or sonnangale) !

I am not so sure how my future husband to be will be conversing! He is brought up, though not like me completely, in three places though! Pollachi - a land of Kongu tamizh,  Chennai - The land of Senthamizh and America - The English Land!!

If he, as discribed, a Chamathu Iyer Aathu Pullayandaan, Then I guess, I should learn, “Proper “ Bhraman Slang of Tamiz.. And it is just an initiative! “Yendima ketundayonno? Po po, Poi padikra Vazhi paarudima! innu Enna ezhudheendu irukke“

I could hear that from you, so bye for now!!

Be all ears, to listen more from me . . !

Love,
Riya

No comments:

Post a Comment